FMX Drive By Wire (DBW) Speed Limiter
According to the configuration of this speed limiter in the vehicle, the driver is not allowed to exceed the stipulated speed limit. Therefore, no matter how the driver accelerates, the pre-set speed limit won't be exceeded.
Functions Of FMX DBW Speed Limiters
Assume the Speed is set at 80 km/h:
- The vehicle will be running till 79 km/h & when it reaches 80 km/h, Electronic Speed Limiter DBW will start to function.
- The Speed Signal is received from the Speed sensor which is connected to the Electronic Sensor Adapter
- This Adapter will convert the speed pulse to square wave pulse which is compatible to the ECU
- The Device will control the output voltage of the electronic accelerator pedal which is sent to the ECM of the vehicle
- This regulates the amount of fuel to the engine. Thus, the vehicle's speed can be controlled.
- The voltage will be controlled only when the set speed is reached. Once the vehicle goes below the set speed the ECU will not control the output voltage
Mounting of the Electronic Sensor adapter
Using the speed sensor signal wire, we can connect our ECU to the vehicle. The electronic sensor adaptor receives the speed signal from the vehicle speed sensor. It converts any waveform to a square wave pulse, which is compatible with an ECU.
|Specifications||Drive By Wire (DBW)||Drive By Valve(DBV)|
|Operating Voltage(D.C)||11V to 32V||11V to 32V|
|Operating Temperature(Engine Mounted)||N.A||-20C to 140C|
|Operating Temperature(Cabine Mounted)||20C to 85C||-20C to 85C|
Understanding the Speed Input Device
A Speed Input Device is a handheld device used to program a vehicle's ECU to the desired speed. If the parameters are not set, the 'Speed Limiter' will not function correctly.
SPEED • SLOPE • CONST.
PPR NUM • PPR DEN • MIN VOLT
CLIP SPEED • CLIP VOLT • RAMP MAX • LIMIT MAX
What makes us different?
- High-quality stainless steel metal enclosure that resists aging
- Flame-retardant automotive wiring harness
- 3 layer internal wire braided hose with custom design
- Assembly of PCBs using an advanced SMD workstation
- Quality check in four stages